Marcelo Vieira is a Spanish footballer who plays at the left-back position for Real Madrid and The Brazil national team. He is famously considered as one of the best left-backs of all the amongst the fans. He even recently replaced the irreplaceable Roberto Carlos this has made people curious about him and his stories.
We here we bring to you everything that you must know about one of the finest footballers of all times, Marcelo Vieira.
Marcelo Vieira Life Journey
- Vieira started his journey towards football at a very young age. At the age of 9, he was playing futsal, and by early teenage, he was making his way to the books of Fluminense.
- Although he is known around the world for his left-back skills, he is equally a good left-winger.
- He has often been compared to Roberto Carlos and has received praises from legends like Paolo Maldini and Diego Maradona.
- He is a self-proclaimed “best left-back” in the world and his heir.
- Even though he has now built a fortune for himself, but he belongs to an impoverished family. As a child, his family’s financial conditions were so bad that he considered leaving football altogether.
- Marcelo joined Real Madrid in the year 2007. While the club was happy to have him, He was also considered a pearl that half of Europe wanted.
- The years 2010 and 2011 were marked with multiple victories. In the year 2010, he was featured in the 55 players list for the FIFA World XI.
- In the season he was widely appreciated for his performance across the globe.
- After his exceptional performances, people started to call him the best left-back. Diego Maradona even called him the best played after Ronaldo and Messi.
- He is also a big tattoo buff; he has shirt number and birthdate tattoed on his left arm.
Marcelo Vieira Personal Life
He is a complete sportsperson on the field but ha hopeless romantic and one women man at home. He met his wife, Clarice Alves, when he was just 15. He used to be friends and teammate with her brother. 5 years later, they got married in 2008. For her husband’s career, she left the theatre for some time. Clarice is an actress and plans to go back to it soon. Their first son named Enzo was born on September 14, 2009, and is following his father’s footsteps into football. In 2017, Enzo even made a hat-trick in the Real Madrid match for children under 18. On September 1 2015, they had another son named Liam.
Furthermore, in an interview, he revealed that all his goals that he has ever made in his career are dedicate to his wife, children and grandfather. He said that it was his Grandfather who paid for him to make sure that he never has to leave football because of financial restrains at home.